Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

With Parting Sorrows...adiós, au revoir, and good bye

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

Remember the song, "Video Killed the Radio Star"? Well it is with sad news that I announce today that Get:Outdoors will be shutting down this, the Native Watercraft Owner's Group, web forum in the coming weeks. With the boom in social media, we and other groups including the Native Watercraft Pro Staff have developed web groups on Facebook. As these social media groups grow in popularity, we have noticed a steep decline in users and visitors on this page. We also have noticed that most of you that are using this forum to look for advise, also go to the various groups on Facebook to ask the same questions or post the same topics.

As the cost of managing a web site has increased with the need for extra security from hackers and spammers, maintaining this  same group on Facebook is far more cost effective for Get:Outdoors. In the coming weeks we will figure out a way to try and archive the most important topics that are  most frequently investigated or commented on and will post them somehow on the Get:Outdoors web page. That page does have a running blog, so we can figure out how to work them onto the page. Until the actual shutdown, we will continue to reply to your comments and posts to the best of our abilities. Thank you for your support and please be sure to follow us on Facebook at our group page: https://www.facebook...iveownersgroup/

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#2 GKING

GKING

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

Really sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed this site since buying my FX 12 and will truly miss it.

• boykinsbuddy likes this

#3 Redslayer99

Redslayer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

​I have also enjoyed all the comments and content found on this site since I purchased my Ultimate FX Propel and want to thank all the moderators for all the help you have provided to myself and others.  It would be great if you are able to archive some of the important content somewhere to review in the future.   I am not on facebook so having other options would be great.   Thanks again. 

#4 Grommet

Grommet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSaltier parts of Lynnhaven Roads, VA

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Well, this sucks. I had just started coming back and was looking fwd to modding my Old School Ultimates with the help of those here.

But, it's a business decision, and I understand that. Best of luck to Get:Outdoors in the future!

#5 Grommet

Grommet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSaltier parts of Lynnhaven Roads, VA

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

Is there a way to make the FB page searchable? A few other pages I follow have this feature and it makes it easier to find info on older models.

#6 Critter69

Critter69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

Most of you probably know, but Yakangler.com is a great sight to join. It could use some more input, for sure. Thanks for the help you guys have given me, hate to see it go. But it could just continue on the other sight.

#7 Tallgrass05

Tallgrass05

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

Bummer, I learned a lot here.

#8 pbarber

pbarber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:22 AM

It's too bad that the site is closing. I have no use for facebook so won't be able to enjoy the information I have found here over the years. My loss.

Perry Barber Raleigh, NC Ultimate 12' Ultimate 14.5'

#9 Troutbum1

Troutbum1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

Yea,that sucks, although I am in the FB group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users