Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Rudder Disc Replacement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Castro

Castro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:24 AM

I seem to have stripped one of the tightening bolts on the rudder disc that enables you to change the tension of the rudder cable. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement disc? I’ve searched and all I can find is an upgrade kit by Berkley which includes new cables and disc to increase the degree or turning.

While nice, it’s $140 and I simply need to be able to tighten my cables again by purchasing a new disc.

Thanks for any insight!

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

Hi Castro,

So you've stripped/deformed the bolt hole of the disc or just the bolt itself? Either way, Get Outdoors can get replacement parts for you. Either call or email for availability/order time & cost. 800 450 6819 or info@shopgetoutdoors.com Be sure to tell them you're a NOG member.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Castro

Castro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

I stripped the bolt itself. Unfortunately I can not loosen or tighten it any longer with any size Allen wrench. I assume my only option would be to buy an entirely new disc, cut the rudder cables, and then tighten with new disc in place.

Thanks for the referral, I will certainly contact them!
  • NOG Admin and Castro like this

#4 Mike13695

Mike13695

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

It may be possible to drill and tap to the next size up and use a new, larger set screw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users