Toggle %s Hello Guest

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

- - - - -

Slayer Storage Options

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.RedPerformance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

I did a quick search and couldn't find much.  I just purchased this trailer and will be using it for hauling and potentially storage.  Would there be any issues with bowing if it was stored on crossrails (I believe it's about 50-60" between the two), or do you think I should modify the frame to store the slayer on something more supported.  Currently it will be stored in an non air conditioned garage (I live in SC), but there's a chance it may have to move to outside storage in the summer.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#2 Mikem

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

I would much prefer to run the bulks front to rear under the hull rather than side to side as on your trailer. Full length support will leave little chance of hot weater distortion of the hull.

I would also completely cover the yak from sunshine.

#3 Foul Hooker

Foul Hooker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

I agree with Mikem regarding the longitudinal hull support and keeping the hull out of direct UV exposure as much as possible.  I made some support bunks for my Slayer 13 out of some PVC and attached them to the cross bars on my trailer.  Many people have done this.

#4 Dr.RedPerformance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for the responses.  I figured on that, but wanted to double check before I put in the money and work.  Would you mind posting a pic of your trailer/storage systems for something to work off of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users