Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Boonedox Rudder on Ultimate FX Propel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Just curious if the boonedox rudder system can be installed on the ultimate fx propel? Also, would it benefit me to do so if it is possible?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it can be fitted to the FX propel. You'll definitely see an increase in the quickness of your turns however I would suggest trying it without it first and see if you find the stock rudder satisfactory. 

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Thank you for the reply. I have used the factory rudder for about a year now and have had trouble turning while in reverse. I have seen reviews of the after market rudder helping with this problem.  Plus quickness in turning and a tighter turning radius sounds very appealing!

• NOG Admin likes this

#4 Redslayer99

Redslayer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Hello,  I have the Boonedox Rudder on my Ultimate FX propel and love it.  I also have the Boonedox landing gear on it too.   Makes a huge difference when transporting the kayak around due to the weight of the yak.   

• NOG Admin likes this

#5 yakgus

yakgus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

First time today in my FX Propel 13. Spent a lot of time correcting the track with the rudder. Did the Boonedox help with this? Also while in a light chop had water come up thru the Propel. This plastic cover didn't appear to have a gasket. Has anyone else run into this problem?

#6 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

First time today in my FX Propel 13. Spent a lot of time correcting the track with the rudder. Did the Boonedox help with this? Also while in a light chop had water come up thru the Propel. This plastic cover didn't appear to have a gasket. Has anyone else run into this problem?

My FX turns fine with stock rudder however tracking SUX Big time, thinking about the Berley Pro upgrade.
If water is coming under your propel hatch you can install a thicker gasket to help with that. I think the big box Home Improvement
stores have it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users