Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Shaft collars

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Some Propel units (those with the original two-bolt connection) develop cracks in the area where the Propel clamps onto the thwart tube.  One simple solution to keep the Propel unit from sliding side-to-side and exacerbating the crack is to add shaft collars on either side of the clamp.  

Last year I purchased a pair of stainless steel shaft collars for my Propel.  They worked well to eliminate side-to-side motion.  I later upgraded my Propel to the new 4-bolt clamp system.  I no longer need the shaft collars.  

I am offering a pair of stainless steel shaft collars (1" inner diameter) for $20 (free shipping to any U.S. destination).  They were used less than one year and show a small amount of rust around the bolts.  

Attached File  2017-12-13 10-26-18.JPG   137.93KB   0 downloads  Attached File  2017-12-13 10-26-31.JPG   748.24KB   0 downloads

John Veil
Native Watercraft Pro Staff team
Slayer Propel 10 and Manta Ray 11

#2 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

SOLD

John Veil
Native Watercraft Pro Staff team
Slayer Propel 10 and Manta Ray 11

#3 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

Great idea John. Will have to look for those SSClamps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users