Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Stake out pole

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jbaur13

Jbaur13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

I have a SP10. I was curious... Where the heck would you mount this thing? I'd like to have one, but I can't figure out how to store it.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

If you have free real estate on one side of your side groove tracks you can use either Native's Cam Lok paddle holders or Yak Attack paddle holder. If you SOP is the same size as a paddle it'll hold it tight. If smaller it can just lay in the brackets. Another option is using a bungee attached to each side of one of the side handles and a J clip mounted to the grove track. Bungee then pulls over the SOP and onto the J clip.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

The higher quality poles come with rubber mounts and hardware so you can stick it on the side. Of course you can use groove track hardware to also mount it to the tracks if you don't want to drill any holes in your boat. They are handy in keeping the boat in place but so is an anchor.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#4 IWanaGoFishing

IWanaGoFishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

You can use the QuikGrip Paddle Clip Track Mount from Railblaza to add some real estate to your track and hold your paddle or stake out pole:  https://www.railblaz...ip-track-mount/.  They run about $18 ea. and include the paddle clip (which should work for your stake out pole).  You can also mount something in the hole on the plate to further stack accessories.  For example, you could mount a port to that hole and then mount a rod holder, cup holder, phone holder, or GPS.  

The Kayak Fishing Store offers a similar product called the Lunchbox Paddle Park http://thekayakfishi...le-park-1-pair/ for $14.99 per pair, but you still have to buy the paddle/stake out pole holder, so this is the more expensive option. 

The picture from TKFS shows how the concept works.

TKFS-Lunchbox-Paddle-Park-1-Pair.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users