Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Paddling from low seat position

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dwight Harley

Dwight Harley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Does anyone really use the low seat setting on their Ultimate FX? I usually paddle my FX 15 Solo from the high position but yesterday I was on the Yellowstone river and decided to try the low position.....which was uncomfortable and awkward! I lasted about ten minutes before I put the seat back up. I can't imagine wanting to do that again. In my opinion, there was little or no difference in stability if that is what the low seat position is for.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

I'm the opposite in that I never paddle with the seat in the high position. Obviously user likes will vary, some of which may be attributed to torso height and or a combination of paddle length as to what is more comfortable or enjoyable.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

I use both positions depending on the water. If it is really dicey out there or I'm on a river with shoals I use the low position and the rest of the time it is in the high position. Also on long paddling trips it is nice to switch between the two to change pressure points on my hips and back.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#4 TNyakang1

TNyakang1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

I'm always in the low position for better stability in choppy water.

#5 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

Some of the best big river trout fishing Montana offers!

If you paddle the upper river near Jardine, especially in spring high water, the low position is your safest bet. Once out of the canyon and headed north, high is the way to go.

Same thing for the Madison if you get over that way. Once out of the canyon and headed north to the lake, high seat.

#6 damuniz

damuniz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

I agree that the low position is better for moving water (rivers/choppy water) as it lowers the center of gravity. This is the position I mostly use.

For calm water/lake fishing I use the high position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users