Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Added a canopy on one of my Mariners

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cowmeat

cowmeat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Took the kayak out on the Suwanee river a couple of weeks ago a little south of Branford Florida, and the canopy was an amazing addition!

The way I mounted it left me plenty of room for casting and kept me out of the beating sun. Can't wait to get out on the flats in Tampa Bay

Attached Files

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

Looks like you need a new seat cover. If you got your boat new, take it to your dealership to get a new seat cover.

The canopy looks like a neat addition. Most of the places I fish are fairly wind blown so I would probably get annoyed with it catching too much breeze. Keep us posted on how well it works.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 cowmeat

cowmeat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

I bought both of my Mariners used, so I'll probably be using the seat until my butt falls through it. There was a pretty stiff breeze in my face as I was pedaling back upstream on the Suwanee but it really  didn't affect the kayak as bad as I thought it might. I may invest in a rudder extension (or fabricate one) to keep it tracking a bit straighter and turn a little quicker

I also own a Hobie Mirage Classic that I haven't used since I got the Natives, there's a night and day difference between the fin and prop drives. The hands-free reverse is awesome on the Propel drive, and the stability of the Mariner can't be beat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users