Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Electric motor question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lsucole

lsucole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Now that there is an electric motor mount available, can you now get or order a Propel without the peddle drive?  If not , then why not ??

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Yes, you can purchase any of the Propel models without a Propel drive. The Titan is available as a kit with the motor mount only, no drive, as an option.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 lsucole

lsucole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

Thanks !

#4 Ipaddle

Ipaddle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Cole, you can get a mount for your present Ultimate FX and hang the motor off the side. Ask Mike how he likes his at lunch Friday. I did this with my old Ultimate. Worked great. Having one in the propel hole would be nice though as far as centerline thrust and balance, and use the rudder for steering.

#5 lsucole

lsucole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

I actually got a canoe motor mount and have it rigged with the trolling motor towards the front, not behind me. For me, this was much easier to control and use. have a swivel tiller extension handle on the motor and works great on my Ultimate FX ! For the reasons you mentioned I would have gone for a Propel model if I could have gotten one without the pedal drive.

#6 FLATS813

FLATS813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

Excellent topic!  I have a FX 15 and have been wanting to have a trolling motor installed on it, but couldn't figure out how to do it.  Do you guys use a sidemount, installed on the tracks?  If so, does the weight and vibration cause any problems with your tracks?  Or do you have it installed another way on your boat?  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!  By any chance, do you have any pics you can show of your setup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users