Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo

Convert rudder from hand operated to foot peddle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Millet

Jack Millet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWhite, Georgia

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

I have a 16' Ultimate Multi purpose Propel.

I don't like the propel unit at all so replaced it with trolling motor and mount.  This works great, but I don't like the hand control for the rudder.  Originally you could not use foot peddles for the rudder because you need feet on the Propel Unit.

With the motor mount I want to use foot control for the rudders.

So, I guess what I need is asset of cables,  cable guide, and sliding foot peddles.

Any Idea of what these will run, and is there anything else that I will need?

Thanks.

Jack Millet

#2 Nickman9000

Nickman9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

I'd like to buy your propel drive if you are looking to unload it. Best of luck with the conversion.

#3 Jack Millet

Jack Millet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWhite, Georgia

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

What do you think it is worth?

770-235-2325

#4 Nickman9000

Nickman9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Come to think of it, you'd probably be better off selling the ultimate with propel drive and buying a non-peddle ultimate with rudder. 

That being said, I'd be pretty stoked to buy a used propel drive for $200. Kinda low considering a new one is like $899.99 or something, but being used and not knowing the condition/age......

#5 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

Jack....get up with get:Outdoors, the site owner, and they should be able to help you set the boat up with sliding foot pedals. You may have to have the cable crisscross back in the back but maybe not.  (800) 450-6819

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users