Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Thwart tube fit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rolltide14

rolltide14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFort Lee VA

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

How snuggly is the thwart tube supposed to fit in the designated slot? I purchased a new 2017 slayer propell 13 three months ago and the thwart tube for the propel drive fits really tight. I have to give it a thump with my hand to put it down in the channel. The plastic clamps are difficult to slide over the tube and they slide over at an upward angle. I have put around 60 miles on the boat in the last three months and there are wear marks in the plastic of the hull where the thwart tube sits. Should I be concerned or just drive on. I almost feel like the dealer gave me the wrong thwart tube for the boat.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

The thwart should drop into place easily without having to mash it down or digging into the hull. Either have your delay inspect it or if you have the tools trim one side of the thwart down a little then re enter the drive clamp. It's normal to have a slight rise in the slide lock levers but if they are exaggerated or hard to close it may be due to the thwart tube not seating all the way down?

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 rolltide14

rolltide14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFort Lee VA

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Thanks. It seems like the diameter of the thwart tube is too large just by a little bit. Everything else works good. I’ll have the dealer take a look. Thanks!
  • NOG Admin likes this

#4 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

If the boat was stored on its side and it is cool, there is a good chance the hull has narrowed up a bit or even shrunk. We see this at about every kayak demo we do since we stack and store the boats on their sides in the UHaul. Place the boat in the full sun for a few hours and let the plastic expand some and then see if it is still too snug to work properly.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#5 rolltide14

rolltide14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFort Lee VA

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

I store it in my garage on carpet on the floor. It has not been cool here in Virginia all summer. I’ll try it out though. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users