Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

stern spray skirt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tallgrass05

Tallgrass05

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

I'm interested in getting a stern spray skirt for my 2013 Ultimate Tandem 14.5, and they are as rare as hen's teeth. I've found one online, the part number is AADT197. Is that the correct skirt for the 14.5?

My kayak has a rudder, will that interfere with a stern skirt? I'm trying to envision slipping the skirt on with the rudder up, which looks difficult. Slip it on with the rudder deployed and facing downward?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

The AADT197 stern skirt was designed to fit a 2007-2010 Ultimate 14.5, with or without rudder. It could go on your Ultimate but it would cover the stern grab handle. The previous Ultimate model had a T-rope handle at the very end so the skirt could be longer. For rudder equipped models a hole was drilled in the stern deck, beside the rudder. A bungee with a j-clip was attached to retain rudder when transporting. A hole had to be punched thru the skirt on the older models, but not yours, since the skirt was shorter, incase you wanted to retrofit an old to your version.

The skirt model for yours would be a AADT017, fitting a 2011-2014.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Tallgrass05

Tallgrass05

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Thank you mucho for the quick reply. I was sort of suspecting the skirt I found online was going to fit the older Ultimates. Hope springs eternal in the human breast.

• NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users