Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Keel protection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gnlman32

Gnlman32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

I have been searching for a way to protect the keel of my boat. I do a lot of river fishing and launch from cement boat ramps. I always end up dragging it a little and when I pull up on the rocks etc. I've tried gorilla tape and even sprayed on some flex seal. I am thinking of trying some spray on bed liner just for the front and rear keel. Has anyone tried this or have any suggestions? Thanks

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

I would look for a Kevlar canoe skid plate kit. There are some for polyethylene canoes like Mad Rivers and Old Towns. Those should work on your kayak. 

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 kmuddzy

kmuddzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Gnlman32 - I'm looking into this now, too.  I don't baby my boats and I do a lot of river fishing - dragging it same as you.  So far it seems like G/Flex epoxy is the best stuff.  Some use it to glue kevlar skid plates on poly canoes and another guy used it over Sglass on his U14.5.  I'll keep you updated on what I find and it would be great if you could do the same.  thx!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users