Toggle %s Hello Guest

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

New Titan 10.5 and 12

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

I'm glad I did not make a quick descision on the Titan 13.5. I saw the announcement of the upcoming Titan 10.5 due out next month and this was out on the local dealers Facebook page.

Looks like the 12 is due out the beginning of the year.

They both look like a great option to save on weight and transporting.  Will have to see what the final weights are and the price. Depending on

the weight, the 12 may be a better option for me.

#2 Bradleto

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

I took the cost ratio (fraction) of a Native Propel 10 to its big brother, the Native Propel 13, multiplied this times the cost of a Titan 13.5 and, as I recall, the 10.5 would be priced at just a few dollars less than $3,000. That makes sense, too, that'd they'd want it to sound cheaper by going with a $2--- type number. This would be my guess, that it will be priced at $2995. We'll know soon enough, I suspect.

#3 Critter69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

Shoot I seen the 13.5 on sale with free shipping for 30??.00 . 200.00 off and free shipping is what it comes down to.

#4 Bradleto

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

An update. As I type, the 10.5 has been released and are being sold. Greg Blanchard has an excellent review on YouTube.

Price? $2499, so only $100 more than a Propel 10.  I must say that I am very surprised and consider this to be a very aggressive price point. It has 35 or so pound more "material" weight than a Propel 10, several added features such as horizontal rod holders and a few other nice features. I like the seat bonding to the floor, not riding on plastic shelves as with the Propel 10 and others.

At 37.5" beam width, this, and a long "wide" area owing to its blunt stern, if this vessel is very stable for standing, it should sell like very well.

I don't think I have ever seen a kayak turn as tight as this one with the after-market rudder Greg added. This will be a big deal for anglers who will be able to circle around to work water more thoroughly. Who hasn't wished to work some area that seems to be holding fish . . . but floating off and away and too lazy to make a wide sweeping turn to hit it again? So, we just move on. This one turns so tightly, if you are floating along a weed edge, fight a fish and float too far away, it'll take almost no effort to go back and work the area more. 

Now? We await the Titan 12 to see how it factors in. I'd likely have stayed with just two models, like the Native Propels. Not sure how the 12 fits in, but we will all know more once we see it.

Greg's video is worth a watch.   Brad

#5 boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

I think the 12.5 Titan is an excellent move on Native's part. Many people think the 13.5 is just too big and heavy. But really the SP10 and SP12LT are the only lower weight models...both the UP and the Manta Ray Propel still weigh a good bit...so most guys are going to opt for hauling whatever boat they get on either a trailer or the back of a pickup. The 10 foot models will slide into the back of a van.

What I expect is that Native is anticipating that Jackson will come out with a BigRig sized pedal drive once they get their bugs worked out on their flex drive, so a 12' Titan Propel will go head to head with that boat. Also the 12 footer will work nicely for guys that don't like the size of the 13.5 and want a bit more than what the 10 offers.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#6 Bradleto

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Another few videos have surfaced in the last several days showing some real value in the Titan 10.5. Its turning radius is off the charts and it will make a big difference to the way a competitive angler might decide to fish. 

Say, you are drifting or sort of slow-pedaling and working down a grass line, get a few hits, make a few catches. In wind or current or just the way so many kayaks weathervane all by themselves, if you can almost literally just circle back over the water and work it again . . . instead of continuing on down the line because it is too much trouble, it could produce more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users