Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Ultimate 12 Tegris Ten Years Strong

tegris montana

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mikemac1

Mikemac1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

My Ultimate 12 Tegris is still going strong with ten years of almost constant use on the rivers of SW Montana.  Two to three times a week from March thru November, the boat accompanies me as I fish upstream for Brown, Rainbow and Cutthroat trout in SW Montana's big rivers--Yellowstone, Madison, Big Hole and Beaverhead.  

It is a tough boat.  It gets dragged over a lot of shallow riffle water every trip.  It is too bad they don't make them like they used to.

IMG_2579_zpstfubd0tc.jpgIMG_2589_zps1aqycxv0.jpg

#2 WBR

WBR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hello Mikemac1. I am new to the forum and have recently bought a Tegris. It is basically new but I was wondering how you made out with the reinforcement repairs you mentioned in your post of about 4 years ago? You were going to get some composite patches from rec' repair. How did that work out?

#3 Mikemac1

Mikemac1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

I actually abandoned the repair idea because after a small test, I was convinced that the composite patches would not adhere sufficiently to the shredded Tegris surface to withstand the kind of abuse I subject the bottom too. Instead, I started carrying a roll of $20 Flex Seal Tape for emergency repairs if the bottom started to leak. AND made the wiser move to locate a like new Tegris boat to replace my boat. Found one for $1000 with both skirts, a paddle and a fully pristine bottom.

#4 WBR

WBR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the reply! The Tegris I recently bought is like new as well. I've been out several times now and the light weight is hard to beat. Glad you found another one. If mine lasts 10 years I'll be satisfied.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tegris, montana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users