Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Stand-up casting stability of the FX15

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Allanb

Allanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

G'day Fellas,

First time poster, long time lurker. Great community you have here. Unfortunately I need to fly 2.5 hrs to get to the nearest stockist to take anything for a test drive. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a FX15 tandem as it seems to fit most of my requirements. 

I want to be able to solo paddle, and take a pax from time to time CHECK. 

Fairly easy to rooftop transport CHECK.

Smooth tracking and stable craft CHECK.

Easily rigged for fishing or just a leisurely paddle CHECK.

I will mostly be using the FX15 for solo fishing for our native Bass here in Australia. This will mostly be in impoundments, lakes, and from time to time rivers. One of the things I want to be able to do is stand and cast/retrieve as it's an essential part of some retrieval techniques.

I've read through all the FX posts on here and watched as many videos as I can find but can't seem to get a definitive answer. 

Is anyone flicking lures around whilst standing from the FX with confidence? If so I'm pretty much sold on one.

Cheers.

Al

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

Welcome to the forum, Al.

I don't have any trouble standing and casting in the FX 12. While the 12 requires a little more balance coordination, I can do the same in the FX 15 with ease. I'm 6' and 190 lbs.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 porcha

porcha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

yes -- i have no issues in my FX12 casting or fly fishing -- just keep the cockpit clean so you've got a good spot to stand and be ready to sit down if things get sketchy

work on your core/balance too, i'd say its 33% boat, 66% you for stability

#4 Allanb

Allanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the quick reply fellas,

I'm a similar size myself, so that gives me confidence. My balance is pretty good, I guess it'll just be a case of getting used to this particular boats movements.

#5 Alfred

Alfred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

Love my fx12, however I have a little trouble standing,-------I am very lucky to still kayak------
Only 78 years under my belt.
Enjoy your time on the water. Stay safe
Alfred
  • Kubiskisk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users