Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Ultimate 12 or FX12 versus Jackson Kilroy/Tripper/Tupelo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Warhawk

Warhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

I am a big fan of the hybrid style kayak, and don't understand why they aren't more popular.

Anyway, does anyone have experience in both the Ultimate 12 and the Jackson Kilroy/Tripper or Tupelo?

I have a Tripper 12 that I got before I even knew about Native kayaks. I also now have a Slayer 10 Propel but a bum knee may force me back to paddling. My wife now has a Jackson Tupelo. I'd love to find a hybrid that has the easy paddling and glide of the Tupelo with the open storage of a hybrid. And would really like to know how an Ultimate 12 or FX12 compares to my Tripper 12.

Thanks

#2 porcha

porcha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

i've only owned the ult 12 and then the ult 12 fx -- both are great, light boats that track well, the ult 12 had a skeg but the FX did not, i thought this was going to cause tracking issues but its minimal and now my hull is completely streamlined, nothing to worry about if i were going over rocks/shallow etc...

the tracks on the FX make it super convenient for mounting accessories if you're big into fishing.  There is also skid pads for easier standing in the FX which I find quite useful while fishing.  Else the Ult 12 is a great all purpose canoe/kayak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users