Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Versa Board Seating?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye

Buckeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

I picked up a Native Versa board two weeks ago. I've had it out once to see how it paddles. It's very cool, and I can't wait to get it set up for fishing. First on my list was a seat. I tried to order the 360 seat only to find out it's not available. That's kind of disappointing. I'm going to be using the board on some moving water so I was really looking forward to the 360 seat for when I wanted to dig in and paddle. The wedge seat is still available but wondering how easy it is to get in a standing position from so low down?

Right now I'm thinking about a Larry Chair, or just sitting on a cooler. Figured a cooler for shorter trips.

Some of my fishing trips might be 8+ hours. So Comfort is high on the list.

This is my 3rd summer fishing from a Manta Ray 12 and absolutely love it. It's done everything I wanted it to do, and the seat is awesome!

Any idea if Native will make more 360 seats?
I felt the Native seating really set them apart from the competition.

What's everyone else using?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

The wedge seat is a pretty low position to rise from. It can be done by some if using a stand-assist strap attached to the bow handle, which you could try and see if it works for you before buying one.

The larry chair is what most are using since the discontinuace of the 360 swivel seat. No word on plans to bring back the 360 seat.

I've tried a cooler as a set and for me was only acceptable on flowing waters for a short period. No back support and a pretty drastic change in paddle stroke/leverage makes it less than ideal.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Buckeye

Buckeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the fast response. I was afraid of that with the cooler.
I ordered a Larry Chair this afternoon. Can't beat the price! With the savings over the 360 seat I'll be able to get more stuff for it now ;)

What's the best way to securely mounted the seat to the board? Figure I'll have to add a couple mounting points on the board for straps?

Thanks again!
  • NOG Admin likes this

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Sure thing. Most people use the bolts and molded-in nuts normally used for the attaching the wedge seat straps, just forward of the circle seat area. You can also use the bolt and nut in the center depression which used to attach the 360 seat if you need more stabilization.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#5 Buckeye

Buckeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

That sounds good I'll come up with some kind of strapping system to mount it. I didn't realize there were molded-in nuts there. That'll be handy.
Thanks for the tips.
  • NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users