Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Steering box on the starboard side?

steering left handed reeling

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Skitterwalker

Skitterwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Has anyone ever changed the steering box from port side to the starboard side? Has anyone wanted to? The steering would feel more natural to me on the right. Also, as a baitcast fisherman, I cast with my right hand and then switch to my left to reel. This means I have to change hands again to adjust the steering. Now, my eggbeater rods have the handle on the left but I don't usually use them. I guess i could pick up a LH baitcaster. I can use one since ambidextrous. I prefer RH tho and I have a good $ invested in RH baitcasters. I was just wondering if any other bass fishermen thought about this. I tried searching for this topic.  I didn't find anything.

#2 Squidslayer

Squidslayer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

I believe BerlyPro make a change over mod for this.

Squid

Slayer propel - Blue lagoon

Adelaide - South Australia

#3 manno

manno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

Sure do. Im a right winder so it would definitely suit me. But im used to having my sounder on the right. Id contact BerlyPro if you were keen on the swap.

#4 Bradleto

Bradleto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

I recall when someone did it, then posted the pics on Facebook more than a year ago.

As I recall, the Native Propels are identical on each side all the way back to the rudder wheel so it involved moving the rudder lever and then re-routing the cabling and making a few adjustments. I think I recall seeing pics of it and that it looked very nice. I can't recall what they did with the port side after the rudder lever was moved.

Brad

#5 Skitterwalker

Skitterwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I haven't decided what I'm going do yet.

#6 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

I don't get why so many right handed guys cast right, switch Rod to left hand to reel. I think 90% of guys do it that way. When I first got a bait cast people thought I was weird ( probably am, but that's besides the point) wanting a left hand reel if iam right handed. It just seems natural to me not to have to switch hands every time I cast. Spinning reels( egg beater) you can switch the handle to either right or left hand retrieve. And I thought about the location of the steering lever also, but it's on the correct side, in my case.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steering, left handed, reeling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users