Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo

Titan worth it ?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

hello yall, ive been looking hard at a few yaks here the last couple weeks.. I currently have a Eddie Gear kayak (my first) and will be upgrading in the next couple months to a pedal drive. the few kayaks on my radar is the old town PDL, Hobie PA14 and of course the Titan.. I am really liking what I have been seeing in the vids about the titan and so far the reviews have been really good. I have not yet been able to demo the PDL or the Titan but hoping by the end of the month I can change that.

All being said I do have a couple questions for some of you titan owners.... How well does the front hatch seal, and does it leak if submerged? , I live on the gulf coast and will be fishing offshore frequently so taking a wave over the front of the boat will be a normal adventure unless its glass that day.

2nd question.. I have seen that the landing gear seems to be the way to transport on the ground if needed.. has anyone seen or heard of using beach wheels for this setup? I know hobie has the scupper hole beach wheel cart and the landing gear with the same wheels but am unsure if they can be used on the titan?? I imagine the scupper holes are not the same dimensions... this is a huge deal to me and could determine my decision on buying because most beach access points will be a good walk through our sugar sandy beaches and those beach wheels make ALL the difference!

Any input would be much appreciated, tight lines!!!!

The front hatch is not water tight and will definitely take in water if submerged. The best solution right now to fix this is to install some seal tape on both the hatch lid and also the raised lip of the hatch on the hull.

The landing gear does have a balloon tire option.

• Fishnfanatic85 likes this
Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#42 Fishnfanatic85

Fishnfanatic85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Awesome thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users