Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Titan worth it ?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

We're stocking and selling them but do not offer shipping for them due to high costs and great likelyhood of them being damaged by fork lifts and other machinery used to move them due to their weight. We also have the same non-ship policy on composite kayaks, just too many damaged from freight handlers.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#22 dwillis3175

dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Cool ,let me know what ya think of it.

Hey critter69

I went to the demo day , the guy with the demo Titan was not able to make it. :(

The dealer told me to give them a few days notice and they would get one from one of their other locations. Will keep you posted

#23 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

Thanks, looking forward to it !

#24 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Looks as though they cut the end of the prop blades off flat, so I wonder if that fixed the cavataion noise problem or not ? Watched the I cast video, and the blade looks differant to me any way. Any body that went to Icast and seen it or better yet got to test it, please update !

#25 dwillis3175

dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Looks as though they cut the end of the prop blades off flat, so I wonder if that fixed the cavataion noise problem or not ? Watched the I cast video, and the blade looks differant to me any way. Any body that went to Icast and seen it or better yet got to test it, please update !

I just saw this Youtube video and it confirms what they are doing to fix this.  They changed the prop size and pitch.

He should have a update video in the coming days, telling us how the new prop works.

Hopefully the demo boat that I plan to try out will have the new prop.

• Moxymo likes this

#26 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

I have been checking his you tube every couple hours, he said it will be today.

#27 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

I am still researching this boat, and keep coming up with reasons not to buy one. Scott Shooter has a a lot ( 9) of videos with problems he is having. Most of his problems I could deal with. But the paper thin hull, I can't. I would think most people don't check there's very closely, and not being able to buy one locally ( with out a non refundable 1000.00 deposit, wich I suspect the dealers know there are problems with them and don't want to be stuck with them either) and checking it out throughly, I think iam out of the kayak shopping market.

#28 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

I think I have answered my original post question, I don't think they are. The more I search the more " bad" I find with them. The shipping damage I know is no fault of native watercraft. But I have found 9 videos of a guy that has a Titan and has multipul issues. Most of his problems I could deal with, the paper thin hull in spots I could not. I believe at this point I am giving up on getting a Titan, and maybe kayaks in general. With no one having them here, and only willing to order them with a non refundable 1000.00 deposit. It makes me believe they know there are problems with them and they don't want to get stuck with them either.

#29 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

Did not realize I had already posted on this subject, on this sight sorry for the double post.
  • Critter69 likes this

#30 dwillis3175

dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

I am still researching this boat, and keep coming up with reasons not to buy one. Scott Shooter has a a lot ( 9) of videos with problems he is having. Most of his problems I could deal with. But the paper thin hull, I can't. I would think most people don't check there's very closely, and not being able to buy one locally ( with out a non refundable 1000.00 deposit, wich I suspect the dealers know there are problems with them and don't want to be stuck with them either) and checking it out throughly, I think iam out of the kayak shopping market.

Hey Critter69

Looks like the new prop is a success.  There is a new video posted and he was very happy with the performance.

Not sure why but I do not see the other videos from the guy that had nine.  Today I went over to the dealers to look at the boat again and see if it had any of the issues that he was talking about.  

First I check the front end of the boat from the inside and there is a similar issue with the white foam not covering about a 5 -6 inch area.  I did not get as much flex as I saw in the video, but it was there.  The dealer told me they provide Lifetime hull repair on all of their kayaks.  So that made me feel much better.  They also explained the White foam is just for stability and flotation. He said that in his 2 1/2 years he has never seen a kayak get damaged that high up on the boat.

The drain plug  . I took it out 4 times and never had a problem getting it to go back in. Again if it fails, its covered under warranty or they would fix it as part of the hull repair. Another option is use a regular boat plug that as the rubber casket that they use on bigger boats.  The other thing from the video it look like the drain plug was lower on the boat. But when I check it out in the store, the plug is just under the power pole plate. 

The leaky hatch - I looked at the hatch cover and did not see any warp in it.  So not sure about this.  I was planning to still use dry bags anyway.

New Prop - They had not received the updated prop , but should be getting it any day.  But as I said in the beginning , sound like it is a successful solution with no impacts to performance.

I schedule  to take the boat out on Friday, so I will have a chance to talk with the guy that has in more detail. 

At this point I'm still very interested in the kayak.

• Moxymo likes this

#31 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Yes I watched Wades video as soon as it was posted. Sounds like they got that fixed. But yea the thin areas and shipping damage still have me holding off getting one. I know you say there warranty , but I don't have a dealer around to handle any warranty issue. I could fix most any thing ( I think ) that would brake,drain plug, leak stuff like that I can deal with, but don't like the idea of thin spots. Those you really can't do anything about except pray nothing hits it in the wrong spot, or that the deck you walk on is not thin. I know in video of the leak ,that deck right there on his seems very thin. Thanks for the help and info. Let me know if you get one and what it's like. Again nice chatting with you. I am still going to try and find away I can get one from a dealer here, just don't like the 1000.00 non refundable deposits they both require. Because if I order one and it comes in with thin spots or shipping damage I sure as hell ain't excepting it. Any more info you find out please post.

#32 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

Dwillis, hopefully you are out on the water today, curious to see what you think, and if you end up buying one.

#33 dwillis3175

dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hey Critter69

I decided to wait until they get the prop in and get it installed,  should be next week.

#34 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

Talked wade, the guy with the prop video today. He was out today fishing and now he has leak in his. He said he had about 30 gal. Of water in the hull area. Had to siphon it out so he could load it. He's going to try and find the leak tomorrow.

#35 Critter69

Critter69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

dwillis3175. You give up also, I don't think iam going to get one. At least until I hear better things.

#36 OJdidIT

OJdidIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

I like my Titan. I have not had any leak issues at all. I have spent about 40hrs in it total. I also noticed from wades video he posted of his setup that he screwed the transducer into the plate and didn't use the threaded inserts. This could be the source of his leak.
  • dwillis3175 likes this

#37 dwillis3175

dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

dwillis3175. You give up also, I don't think iam going to get one. At least until I hear better things.

Hey Critter69

Not yet,  just been busy and have not had time to follow up with the dealer to see if they have the new prop installed.

I may wait until this Fall before I do anything, that way the heat we have been getting will gone and will be able to enjoy getting out.

#38 dwillis3175

dwillis3175

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

I like my Titan. I have not had any leak issues at all. I have spent about 40hrs in it total. I also noticed from wades video he posted of his setup that he screwed the transducer into the plate and didn't use the threaded inserts. This could be the source of his leak.

Hi OJdidIT

Glad to hear your enjoying the Titan.  Would you mind sharing your setup?  Wiring, Electronics, etc .  Also what type of trailer are you using.  That is one other thing that I have been researching is trailers.

#39 Fishnfanatic85

Fishnfanatic85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:40 AM

hello yall, ive been looking hard at a few yaks here the last couple weeks.. I currently have a Eddie Gear kayak (my first) and will be upgrading in the next couple months to a pedal drive. the few kayaks on my radar is the old town PDL, Hobie PA14 and of course the Titan.. I am really liking what I have been seeing in the vids about the titan and so far the reviews have been really good. I have not yet been able to demo the PDL or the Titan but hoping by the end of the month I can change that.

All being said I do have a couple questions for some of you titan owners.... How well does the front hatch seal, and does it leak if submerged? , I live on the gulf coast and will be fishing offshore frequently so taking a wave over the front of the boat will be a normal adventure unless its glass that day.

2nd question.. I have seen that the landing gear seems to be the way to transport on the ground if needed.. has anyone seen or heard of using beach wheels for this setup? I know hobie has the scupper hole beach wheel cart and the landing gear with the same wheels but am unsure if they can be used on the titan?? I imagine the scupper holes are not the same dimensions... this is a huge deal to me and could determine my decision on buying because most beach access points will be a good walk through our sugar sandy beaches and those beach wheels make ALL the difference!

Any input would be much appreciated, tight lines!!!!

#40 Fishnfanatic85

Fishnfanatic85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Actually got to put my hands on the titan today!! wow that boat is huge!! Going to try to schedule a water test this week if possible..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users