Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. If you are an existing member and have not reset your password since November 2, 2014, please follow the instructions here.

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Missing side gunnel drains..........

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Thinking of adding slots for drainage............has anyone done this? Front drain does not allow for sand and yuk to drain out.

Any recommendations for  adding drain slots?

Brian

Ultimate FX 12

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

A dremel with a router-like base and a guide for a straight line is one way. Another is a biscuit joiner, though not as common for most. Just make sure the seat base is clear from the cutting area.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

I'm not sure why Native changed it. Clean out is difficult with bow drain hole.
Brian

Ultimate FX 12

#4 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

I drilled two 1/4" holes close to 3" apart and used coping saw blade to form the slot. 

#5 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

I used a drill today to make a slot for drainage. Only made it about an inch long and may may it longer in the future. It's right behind the anchor trolley rope and can not be seen. Going to work much better than the front drain.

Brian

Ultimate FX 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users