Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

FX 12 seat slipping out of molded brackets.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

twice tonight while fishing a small lake the seat fell out of the top position. What could be causing that? Kind of unsettling as I'm in the middle of the lake sitting tilted.

I can actually slide it back and forth and make it do it.

What is the fix for this?

Brian

Ultimate FX 12

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:59 AM

That's definitely not supposed to happen. Can you confirm that all ends of seat frame have caps on them? The width of frame measured with caps installed should be 23" 3/8. If any caps are missing and/or frame doesn't measure as it should you should contact your dealer so they can let Native know. If both are OK, then the problem would be attributed to the seat frame mount, which also would need to be looked at by your dealer.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 b737

b737

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:44 AM

Seems like when it gets hot, the boat wants to "flair out at the top of the gunnels. In "hot" summertime I tend to put a cinch strap around the middle of the yak ( just in front of or around the front of the seat) and pull tight. it tends to "mold " the yak to the correct form. (this is while stored on the kayak rack). Also, glued the seat rail stoppers to the seat rail ( they tend to slip off). No more "summertime" problems with the seat slipping out of position.
P. S. I think I have had 12 yaks (including pedal) still prefer FX12.

#4 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

That's definitely not supposed to happen. Can you confirm that all ends of seat frame have caps on them? The width of frame measured with caps installed should be 23" 3/8. If any caps are missing and/or frame doesn't measure as it should you should contact your dealer so they can let Native know. If both are OK, then the problem would be attributed to the seat frame mount, which also would need to be looked at by your dealer.

Mine measures 23 1/8..........that extra 1/4" would probably make a lot of difference. What is my next step? This has happened 3 times so far. 

Is there ANY way to contact Native? I find no contact information on their website.

I DID just contact my dealer but he's an hour and a half away......he is looking into what can be done. Those end caps keep popping off, I just wonder if I apply some sort of adhesive it would take care of the problem even though it's a 1/4" short.

thanks

Brian

Ultimate FX 12

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Going through your dealer to interact with Native is the correct means to resolve issues such as this. Native will be able to inform your dealer if the specs are right or not for your kayak and if so why the seat is slipping. 

I know issues like this can be irritating and an inconvenience but hopefully a quick resolve can be determined. 

#6 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

Going through your dealer to interact with Native is the correct means to resolve issues such as this. Native will be able to inform your dealer if the specs are right or not for your kayak and if so why the seat is slipping. 

I know issues like this can be irritating and an inconvenience but hopefully a quick resolve can be determined. 

The dealer is making an effort to remedy the problem...........my question, is why do the end caps keep coming off causing the seat to drop? Why am I having to fix everything on the FX 12?

Brian

Ultimate FX 12

#7 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Good to hear.

Regarding the end caps. Are the slots in the large black seat pan that hold the seat frame look normal, no sag or drop inward? Are you removing the seat for transport?

#8 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

Everything looks fine, and yes, I remove for transport.

Brian

Ultimate FX 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users