Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Portage yoke for 14.5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Schmoe

Schmoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

Does anybody have any ideas/pictures for a portage yoke for the ultimate 14.5? I'm headed to BWCA in June and I really like fishing from my kayak (And, it'll save me $47/day in rental costs!). I've seen the cart designs here but I don't think they'll work on those rocky portage trails.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Welcome to the forum. Haven't seen someone fabricate a yoke for the Ultimate yet but imagine hauling it on your shoulders for much of a distance wouldn't be too enjoyable, at 69 lbs. I have toted the discontinued 36 lb Tegris one mile before and that was OK but carting would be preferable in my opinion.

A few factors that may help decide is length of portage, gear weight, and how often you think you'd need a cart?

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Schmoe

Schmoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

Found out that carts are forbidden in the BWCA. I'm building one anyway as it will be nice to have. I'm working out a portage yoke using pvc and will post pics if it works. Again, I'd welcome ideas/pictures from the group here, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users