Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Rudder control is stiff

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PMantle

PMantle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

I bought one of these for my son. He went on his first peddle yesterday and fought the steering handle so much that he did not enjoy it. He's ten. I did not have a huge issue with it, but it does seem hard to move. native told me to loosen the screw on the rear circle thing.  Anyway, is there something I can do on the handle end to make it smoother? Will it get easier with use?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

I would also suggest checking the circular rudder control disc. This is installed at the dealer and can sometimes be attached too tightly. You should be able to turn the rudder by hand fairly easily with not much resistance. If you loosen the bolt and it moves much more freely, fine tune the tightness until you start to feel a very slight about of resistance. The actual rudder handle doesn't have a tension adjustment, only the cable moving over the internal guide wheel when operated. 

• PMantle likes this

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Nickman9000

Nickman9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

http://nativeownersg...l=+lose +rudder

I use this method to adjust the looseness or tightness of the rudder.

Also, there is a screw that holds the rudder control handle pulley on. That can be adjusted slightly as well. By tweaking these 2 things I am able to get the control handle stiffness right were I want it. Not too stiff, not too loose.

• PMantle likes this

#4 dozerd123

dozerd123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

What about a drop or two of blue lock tight? It's the weakest of the lock tights and the bond can be broken fairly easily? Just thinkin  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users