Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. If you are an existing member and have not reset your password since November 2, 2014, please follow the instructions here.

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo

2017 Manta Ray propel review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scooty Puff Jr

Scooty Puff Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

Hey guys,  just wanted to jump in and offer up my review of the 2017 Manta Ray Propel 12.  I struggled to find much in the way of reviews of the boat prior to my purchase, it seems all the information coming out is for the Titan this year (rightfully so I guess).  I made a couple video's of my 2017 Lizard Lick so hopefully it can help someone else make the right decision.  Let me know if you have any questions or if you think of something I could add.  I haven't started rigging her yet so I am up for suggestions.  Sorry the video is in 2 parts, I couldn't get GoPro Studio to play nice with the full video so I ended up editing it 3 or 4 times before I decided to split it up.

Pt. 1

Pt. 2  

• NOG Admin and gadgetguy1288 like this

#2 ddearth1

ddearth1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

I have a question about your trailer and J racks, what model are they and do they provide enough support for the NW propels? I have a HF trailer I've put the truck racks on but not sure about the J racks.

#3 Scooty Puff Jr

Scooty Puff Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

I have a question about your trailer and J racks, what model are they and do they provide enough support for the NW propels? I have a HF trailer I've put the truck racks on but not sure about the J racks.

Sorry for the late response, didn't get my notification.

The J racks are 9sparts Universals that I ordered off of Amazon.  they hold both my Manta Ray and my Slayer propel 13.  Now I do not actually use them solely to support the kayaks, they're more or less place holders.  I use the top of the J rack and I secure to the cross bar on the inside.  They do carry the yaks just fine, however when loading and unloading they will occasionally roll even when tight.  I simply roll them back up into position and I'm good to go.  I have made a dozen or so trips to the lake and one 3 hour ride to the beach with no issues at all.  I would prefer them to be a little taller, but for that I would need to spend a lot more money on the Thule's.  These were $45-$50.  So far they have served my purpose just fine.  They aren't perfect, but they aren't likely to fail you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users