Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

New Manta Ray Rigging Pics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

I've been doing some rigging while the ice and snow slowly melts.  I bought the seat tool and tackle organizer, prop indexer, and nocqua power pro battery.  I made some rod leashes also due to an "incident" last summer.  Luckily those rods were recovered.  Enjoy

Attached Files

• monty likes this

#2 capt_riddle_annapolis

capt_riddle_annapolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

cool set up.  here's a video walkthrough of mine.

• monty likes this

#3 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Capt. Riddle Annapolis.  I watched your videos on Youtube last week.  Do you do any fresh water fishing?  I took the new yak out the other day for some "sea trials" on a local pond.  My initial impressions were that it tracks well and is pretty fast.  I didn't stand up cause that water is too freakin' cold.  I found out that my ram rod holder was in the way of my legs while pedaling, so I made a base out of plastic cutting board to move the rod holder closer to the outside.  I hope to do some trout fishing soon if we can get a semi-warm day up here (it's snowing now).

#4 capt_riddle_annapolis

capt_riddle_annapolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Hey cbass4, thanks for the response.  I've not done any fresh water.  I'm right off Lake Ogelton which puts me about a 20 minute pedal to Tolly point.  I would like to try some bass fishing sometime.   So I actually mounted scotty rocket launchers on mighty mounts that are mounted on the seat rails.  I push them all the way forward and jam my seat all the way forward.  It happens to work out for my leg length that this is perfect.  Having the rocket launchers in that position make them very easy to grab.  Though mounting them on the other rails is not too bad either but I found I had to lean a little more.  I've go the scotty rockets either parallel to the water, or angled a little higher (higher makes them easier to grab).   They don't interfere with my legs at all that way.   The other thing I found that worked was to mount the mighty mounts on the factory groove track and then insert the rocket tube into the outer (side) hole of the might mount (instead of the top).  This positioned everything outside the boat and keep the area clear for the pedaling legs.

#5 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

I also live in Annapolis and fish the local waters often in my Native kayaks.  I recommend that you check out www.snaggedline.com, the most active kayak fishing site in the area.  Large stripers are overdue to show up near the mouth of the Severn.  They were not there this week when I checked but should arrive soon.  It makes for several weeks of great kayak trolling using light tackle.  Your launch location is ideally suited to target them.  

John Veil
Native Watercraft Pro Staff team
Slayer Propel 10 and Manta Ray 11

#6 Sneezy

Sneezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:59 PM

I've been doing some rigging while the ice and snow slowly melts.  I bought the seat tool and tackle organizer, prop indexer, and nocqua power pro battery.  I made some rod leashes also due to an "incident" last summer.  Luckily those rods were recovered.  Enjoy

So cbass4, what type of thru hull fittings are those you ran your fishfinder wires thru? Also, was it difficult to mount the transducer? 

#7 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Sneezy, I got those through hull wire caps at West Marine.  They're similar to the ones Hobie sells.  I really like the nice clean look of these.  The transducer wasn't too bad to install.  I lost my transducer bracket that came with my Lowrance unit, so I had to improvise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users