Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Beginner's question on solo seating

seating in solo position

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FLATS813

FLATS813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Hello - I recently picked up a Ultimate 15 FX tandem...couldn't be more excited to try it out this coming week since the weather is starting to get nice.  

My question though has to do with the seating in solo configuration.  I managed to convert the boat from tandem to solo, but in doing so, I am wondering if the seat now has lost the ability to trim or adjust as a result of the angler's height.  In other words, when I switched the seating over from tandem to solo, and screwed the bolts in on the frame, I seem to now be locked in a position that might be a little short for me, since I am on the taller side.  Am I still able to unscrew the frame and slide it back and then re-screw it back in at a place that is comfortable for me, or just where the hole lines up to receive the bolt (it looked like there was just one female threading that lined up through the hole to receive the bolt when I changed everything over from tandem to single)

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hello and welcome to the form. The seat set up and solo position only has attachment nuts at one point. There is a small amount of adjustment for Fore and aft at that spot but is minimal. Regarding your height question is this in reference to your leg length and a comfortable foot resting position?

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 FLATS813

FLATS813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Thank you Sir!  I appreciate that clarification.  Yes, I am approximately 6'3" so I'm talll,,,but not SUPER tall.  I should be able to get into the seat fine...I placed the foot peg at the furthest location available on the track, which still seemed slightly shallow for me, but I'll adjust..... ...I can always stretch my legs out by pulling them off the pegs for a short while and let them stretch out in between them.

• NOG Admin likes this

#4 cervus

cervus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

Old post, but on mine, when removing the front seat base and sliding the rear seat base forward to the solo position the track system remains functional.  So you get the same amount of adjustment as when the seat is in the original, rear position.  If you use the front seat, there is only one, fixed attachment nut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users