Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo

Any Manta Ray Propel reviews/pics out there?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has bought this puppy yet and is willing to share their experience and or pictures with us?  I'm still anxiously waiting for my dealer to receive their shipment, so I'm going crazy hear in frozen New England until I get my paws on one of these.  I still haven't seen any youtube videos from the general public reviewing the Manta Ray Propel.  I'm in limbo up here because there's no more safe ice for ice fishing, and it's too damn cold to take any sort of watercraft out there, so videos and/or pictures is all I have.  Now, I watch fishing videos everyday dreaming of warmer weather and being on the water with my new kayak (hopefully).  Any help with my affliction would be greatly appreciated.

Cbass4

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

The boat is so new there aren't many out there on the water. There are a few short reviews on Facebook on the Native Propel Owner's page but that is about it. You can google "native watercraft manta ray propel reviews" and get a few hits. The boat from what I've heard is quieter in the bow and fairly fast. It doesn't haul the load that the SP 13 can and is not as stable as the SP 13 or SP 10. Heavier pedalers need to watch their lean in the turns. Since it is offered at a nice price-point, it should be a big seller.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Boykinsbuddy.  I'm definitely excited about the yak's speed, but I really hope that it tracks well.  I don't travel with a heavy payload and I'm not a big guy, so hauling a lot of stuff isn't a priority for me (as of now).  I do like to stand and fish occasionally, so hopefully it's stable enough for me. 

#4 capt_riddle_annapolis

capt_riddle_annapolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

I've got one and have been really enjoying it.  I fish in the Chesapeake and took it out yesterday in a bit over 1 ft waives.  Handled well, though did take quite a bit of water over the bow but just pulled the scuppers out.    What i like is it's tracking and speed.  I troll around 2.5 - 3mph and i've been doing that for 2 hours at a time without fatigue.  To get up to 4.5+ it takes some effort.   I've not tried doing much stand-up fishing (it's pre-trophy trolling season right now).   But it catches fish!

#5 dozerd123

dozerd123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

I was super lucky enough to by our area's factory rep's personal mantaray but got it too late for any real good fishing up here in west central Oregon. So I've had it out on my local lake for some fun runs just to see and feel how it handles. After playing with the rudder adjustment a lot I ordered a boondock rudder. Do not have it as of today. More on that later. The rest of the kayak I love. No complaints!!!    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users