Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Stock Slayer Rudder on Mariner?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nickman9000

Nickman9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:17 AM

The stock rudder on the Mariner seems a bit small, and the Boondox is a bit too heavy and I don't really like how it performs in reverse.

I'm thinking a stock Slayer rudder is the answer.

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

The Boondox rudder is great and improves turning, but in reverse it forces the rudder to one side. I can hold it in place with handle, but it is not easy and I would prefer to not have to do that. I have had the rudder cable slip off the pulley when this happens and it makes it difficult to turn once that happens as you can imagine.

Any tips on keeping the cables from slipping would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

I believe the Slayer rudder may be a bit too long and hit the outside pontoon edges of the Mariner hull. I don't currently have one on hand to see how much of an issue it might be but if it was't much, the rudder could be trimmed down to fit.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users