Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

What is the best kart

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bri7

bri7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hi!

I am not familiar with forums, but i have a question about building a kart for my FX 12.

I  have seen so many different type of DIY kart on Internet, but two models retained my attention.

First is the ABS tubing type (Looks like an H for top)

Attached File  17 side view complete.JPG   135.11KB   3 downloads

The second one is like the "Trail Trekker".

Attached File  s-l300.jpg   8.6KB   5 downloads

Any preference?

#2 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

Trail Trekker is quick and easy to put in place and remove. Bungee will fit nicely to thwart behind seat. 

I use the Native cart. Very simple and fast to put any of the Propel model boats onto the Native cart. Most of the time I don't need to 'strap the yak in place' as it cradles onto the plastic top securely.   

#3 damuniz

damuniz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

I vote for the Trail Trekker, I have the maximus model and it is worth every penny! Their customer service is also top notch!

#4 Jack Millet

Jack Millet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWhite, Georgia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

I use carts to pull my YAK behind my golf cart. I learned the hard way (several times) to make sure that the wheels don't make contact with the hull.  I have burned friction holes in the hull ... one all the way through.  Just make sure your hull has really good wheel clearance and watch it continuously.  I have started out with good clearance but hit a bump, make a tight turn, etc ...and the hull can shift.   In which case it will be time to fire up the plastic welder. 

Just my thoughts.

#5 scorpion1971

scorpion1971

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

If you want the very best cart, take a look at the BooneDox Landing Gear.

#6 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

Trail Trekker

#7 Mudfish

Mudfish

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

I use a Paddle Boy Cart with my Ultimate and it works great. I have the model with the air filled tires. But, it is still an "end cart" so load your gear on the end you're not lifting to pull from.

Attached Files

2015 Native Slayer Propel 13 (Camo)
2012 Native Mariner Propel 12.5 (Sand)
2011 Native Ultimate 14.5 with rudder (Sand)

"Fishing is not a matter of life or death . . . it's more important than that!"

#8 JohnYaksJax

JohnYaksJax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNeptune Beach, FL

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Check out the C-TUG new model...the "SANDTRAKZ" one!!  It had newly re-signed wheels that allow you to pull it thru sand and soft surfaces like mud with 30% less effort than their previous sand model... 

It is completely able to dismantle and store in a front hatch in 20 seconds or less....EVEN by a non-DIY guy like me!!

It is 99.9% and the wheels are now designed for soft sand and really any surface...and they can NEVER be flat. 

The kayak cushions/pads are adjustable for nearly any hull, which is a great feature for people with 2 or more kayaks.

Tool free assembly and take apart, and the capacity is 200#, and it only weighs 10#...

Comes with a strap, but due to those adjustable pads, it is rarely used!!

Check it out....I have kayak fished since 2004 and over 800 kayak trips and never wanted one, but since I live 2 blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, it is calling my name this year...

JohnYaksJax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users