Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Just a Manta Ray, No Drive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nickman9000

Nickman9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

Can I buy this kayak with no drive and use my Mariner drive? I assume the thwart tube would need to be changed....

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Yes, you can buy it without a drive. Your Mariner drive is a little longer than original Ultimate propels but is the same length as Slayer or FX ultimates, and now the Manta Ray. 

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Like the Native Ultimate FX 13, I would imagine the drive and its attachment bar are the same as the Slayer Propel 10. 

I believe I understood this correctly the other day, that the Slayer Propels, too, are now offered without drives.

This is a good trend, making the hulls and drives both available separately. Someone might want an extra hull or drive, or a two different models for different fishing applications.

Brad

#4 Nickman9000

Nickman9000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

So, if I ever was to buy a new Propel drive it might not fit my Mariner?

How much for the Manta Ray with no drive?

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

I verified and corrected the above response to indicate the accurate info, which is that new drives or any existing drives for models of the Mariner, Ultimate FX, Slayer and Manta Ray propels are interchangeable, except the variances in thwart tube mount bar lengths.

A Manta Ray without drive would be $1,149.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users