Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

MIddle latch gap to propeller

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xengizer

xengizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

I noticed that my Middle Latch for the propeller hold down has a nasty 1/8" gap. Basically I have to Knee my Prop down in order to latch it place for peddling. Does anybody seem to have this issue? Its almost as if it was a molding issue, since the Prop does not sit flush with the kayak when its in the water.  This is a brand new FX 13 too, that I bought a week ago. 

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Are you saying that the latch itself does not sit flush to the hull or when you lower the drive, the drive doesn't sit flush unless you push it down?

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Guest_Xengizer_*

Guest_Xengizer_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

I won't sit flush. I actually have to knee down the propeller in order to force in the latch.

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

OK, gotcha. I would recommend having your dealer take a look at it and if need open a discussion with Native about the issue.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#5 xengizer

xengizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

Thanks, I may end up doing that if it causes me more issue, but I have been thinking of installing a shim underneath the middle latch since the dealer is over an hour drive for me. 

• NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users