Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Ultimate 12 history, changes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 krash

krash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hi ya'll, new here, not new to paddling or kayaking.

Trying to figure out and put together the history of the Ultimate 12. When was the first Ultimate 12 built, what were its specs, how many models and What changes were made from the original to todays models and the specs as the changes were made.

I know its a lot, but I'm sure there are Ultimate die hard users, (Pro Staff),  that remember and can get a good start to a list.

It seems foe example originally there was a Base model in a couple colors that was listed to weigh 44 pounds. I don't think it had some of the features like perhaps the deployable keel, accessory tracks, and foot rest.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Welcome to the forum.

To get you started;
The original came into full production in 2007 56 lbs w/seat, deployable skeg, adapt-a-tracks, skirts optional
Believe it was 2009 the skeg was dropped
Post 09 minor things were changed, like grab handles, a side drain slot, stayed around for about two years, FX model was introduced in 2014, original was discontinued for one year, then brought back, minus adapt-a-track outfitting.
Seats have gone thru various stitching and color variances but kept the same frame.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 krash

krash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

Thx.. NOG, great start.

Others have also indicated the last 2 digits of the serial number are the build year.

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

Yes, that's correct.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#5 krash

krash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

Does anyone have any similar information about the "Elite" and the "Tegris" series of this model.

#6 smithmal

smithmal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:45 AM

Just purchased an Ultimate 12 2017.  

Not sure what updates there are between 2016 and 2017, but I do know that you can now get the Ultimate 12 in "Lagoon Blue" (which I did).

smithmal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users