Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Boonedox Landing Gear

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 johnkook73

johnkook73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPrince George, Va

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

I saw one post on Facebook where they mounted this behind the seat. Couldn't tell from the pictures but it looked like it was mounted on the rail. Anyone else put this on the FX 13 yet? How is it holding up?

#2 DJSlater

DJSlater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

I would give this a watch...after watching this, and some deliberation, I have elected to come up with another (cheaper) alternative to the landing gear - track mount. 

www.youtube.com/channel/UCHOwAdUx6XsF97QliYIfmEA

Fishing adventure out of my Native Slayer Propel 10 and more!

#3 DJSlater

DJSlater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

Also, take a look at this thread:

http://nativeownersg...=+landing +gear

www.youtube.com/channel/UCHOwAdUx6XsF97QliYIfmEA

Fishing adventure out of my Native Slayer Propel 10 and more!

#4 Guest_TacoBo_*

Guest_TacoBo_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

I would be interested in mounting to the rails as well. Anyone have any photos or tips.

#5 johnkook73

johnkook73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

If you guys have Facebook, here is the link where this guy has one on his, also stated he hasn't had any issues so far.

https://www.facebook...&type=3

#6 Redslayer99

Redslayer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

I mounted mine on the rail like sizthediz.   I have not had any issues or stress on the rails.   I typically do not have a long walk or rough terrain when launching so I have had little stress.   However, it has been well worth the money.   It has made everything so much easier. 

#7 Guest_TacoBo_*

Guest_TacoBo_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

Do you care to post pics of your installation? It looks like the wheels are too close to the hull in his pics, but it's probably just the angle of the photo.

#8 xengizer

xengizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

I have mounted this on the rail behind the seat. With a 10lb battery in the battery compartment and a bunch of gears it does stress the rails where ever you bolt it onto. I did use only bolts and slide it in the rails which was sloppy of me which could have added to the rails being lifted up from being warped. 

I eventually drilled 4 holes through the rail and used the back plate that came with the kit. You will need to buy 4, 2 inch screws in order to get a good fit with the plate (forgot the thread and pitch). I'll upload some photos later.  

#9 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

So, for working on the underside with any backing plates, I take it that one simply reaches in and accesses the sides using the small round hatch behind the seat?

I ask because I wonder if the the new Manta Ray Propel 12 could have the Landing Gear mounted in the same place as the one shown in thread DJSlater points to, that is, mounted traditionally up on the plastic above the track, not on the track itself.

Brad 

#10 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

On the MRpropel, you can access the inner hull through the round hatch behind the seat. There are no grove tracks behind the seat on that boat...just bungee attachment points. If it were me, I would locate the landing gear supports just behind the hatch opening and make sure I used some sort of aluminum angle as a backing plate inside the hull. That would prevent any sort of flex a flat plate or washer may have. Native is shooting for a lighter hull on this boat so the plastic will obviously be slightly thinner to get the weight down...so a beefy backing plate will definitely be a plus.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#11 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

Good points and I think almost all installations would benefit from backing plates to distribute the lifting pressure.

Hmm??? I'm not certain the Manta Ray 12 is made of slightly thinner plastic than the Propel 10 or 13. Why? The 10 is one inch wider with its blunt stern and it weighs, what, 59 lbs. without its seat and propel drive. The Manta Ray 12 is, again, one inch less wide and 26" longer but much more tapered; but, it weighs 70 lbs. I believe and 11 pounds more weight for 26" of hard tapered length . . . seems about what I'd expect for the same thickness for each kayak.

I am not sure how the depth of plastic is applied when these roto-molded vessels are made, whether it is all computerized or done by technicians.

Brad 

#12 AndyB

AndyB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

I have one mounted on my FX for a year and a half now its bolted towards the rear between the bungee cord clips. It has worked great with no problems and honestly as an older guy who goes out a lot on my own I wouldnt be able to launch with out it

• NOG Admin likes this

#13 GKING

GKING

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Hey Andy would like to see a picture of how you mounted that on your FX.I have a new one and am leaning toward the landing gear.

#14 johnkook73

johnkook73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:36 AM

I just got my Native version in the mail. I will post some pictures once installed. The decals on it look great!

#15 johnkook73

johnkook73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

Posted some pictures on the Native Propel owners Facebook Page. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook...t propel owners

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users