Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Manta Ray Propel Update - shipping to dealers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bmb

bmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

Should be in shops soon, if not already.

Native Watercraft Pro Staff

#2 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

I thought they wouldn't be in stores until Spring 2017.  I saw the updated pics on Native's website and Facebook page.  It looks fast.  I pedaled my dad's Slayer Propel 10, and wasn't too excited about its tracking, and speed.   If you're correct about the delivery date being soon, then I'm very excited.

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

It is my understanding that they are shipping now. I've seen a few posts about them on FaceBook.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#4 bmb

bmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

I thought they wouldn't be in stores until Spring 2017.  I saw the updated pics on Native's website and Facebook page.  It looks fast.  I pedaled my dad's Slayer Propel 10, and wasn't too excited about its tracking, and speed.   If you're correct about the delivery date being soon, then I'm very excited.

I'm expecting to pick up mine this Saturday.  Will do a full review/walkthrough as soon as I can with lots of pics.

#5 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

BMB, what state/retailer will you be purchasing your Manta Ray Propel?  I've looked online (Hook1, Appomatux, Get Outdoors, and Delaware Paddlesports), but they don't have it listed online yet.  I'm going to either trade in or sell my 2014 Jackson Cuda 12 in order to get the Manta Ray.  I'm very much looking forward to your review and walkthrough.  I can't wait to see your pictures.  Christmas has come early, this is awesome.

#6 bmb

bmb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

BMB, what state/retailer will you be purchasing your Manta Ray Propel?  I've looked online (Hook1, Appomatux, Get Outdoors, and Delaware Paddlesports), but they don't have it listed online yet.  I'm going to either trade in or sell my 2014 Jackson Cuda 12 in order to get the Manta Ray.  I'm very much looking forward to your review and walkthrough.  I can't wait to see your pictures.  Christmas has come early, this is awesome.

Mine arrived to Headwaters Kayak in Lodi, CA today, the truck was delayed a couple of days.  I plan to do a review and walkthrough as soon as I can but not sure if I will be able to get it on the water this weekend.  I believe at least one other dealer has theirs already, i saw it on Facebook.

#7 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

Yes, deliveries to dealers are happening ahead of schedule. At Get Outdoors, our order should be in next week. The model isn't listed on the website yet but will be soon.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#8 cbass4

cbass4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

Is the retail price still $1,999?  Did Native make any changes to the production version compared to the prototype?  I couldn't spot any differences looking at pictures from a few months ago compared to what Native has on their website right now.  Bmb, what color are you getting?  Can't wait to see your pics.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Cbass4

#9 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

This morning I saw one dealer in Virginia that had the Manta Ray Propel 12 Angler listed on their website at $1999.  That should be the standard retail price from other dealers too.  The boat comes well equipped.  I have not used the Propel version yet, but have previously owned the paddle version of the Manta Ray 14, currently own the Manta Ray 11, and have also used the Manta Ray 12.  All of those kayaks are easy to move through the water.  The new Propel version should be a quick and seaworthy boat.  

Check out Native's website for specifications and a video  http://nativewatercr...el-angler-12/. 

John Veil
Native Watercraft Pro Staff team
Slayer Propel 10 and Manta Ray 11

#10 danny

danny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

Any hindsight on more colors than the three dark camo patterns currently listed on their site?
A FB vid shows more solid, brighter colors.
Being visible while fishing NYC's waterways is the difference between making your catch or being it!
Thanks

#11 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

The brighter colors, orange, lime, blue camo will be available in the sister-brand liquid logic, without gear tracks and rod holders.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users