Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Squeaking pedals

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

My pedals started to squeak on my FX Propel. I removed the set screw and pedal on the right side no
problem. Then I cleaned the shaft and inside the pedal and put a light coating of grease on the shaft and put everything back together.
When I tried to pull the left pedal off it was so tight the allen screw stripped out inside the set screw.
Now I need to figure out how to get the screw out and the pedal off and will Native help with this problem.
My dealer called and said that Native will send some new screws but that's the least of my problems.

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:44 PM

The left pedals on bikes and Propels are reversed threaded into the pedal crank arms. The parts are interchangeable with most bicycles. Don't know if this is what you are talking about though. Many owners actually upgrade the pedals to BMX bike pedals that are much higher quality. 

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

The left pedals on bikes and Propels are reversed threaded into the pedal crank arms. The parts are interchangeable with most bicycles. Don't know if this is what you are talking about though. Many owners actually upgrade the pedals to BMX bike pedals that are much higher quality.

Is the set screw that holds the pedal onto the shaft also left hand?

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

The screw that holds the left pedal onto the spindle is counter threaded, just like on bicycles, so turn it left to tighten, right to loosen.
  • Pelican likes this

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users