Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

The choice of Nature Photographers

Photography

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wildlife photographer

Wildlife photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

Tip of the hat to Native for making a superb kayak for photographers...Here in Louisiana, we do a great deal of swamp photography.  That includes not only handheld shots but also with tripods for bird shots.   Steady, easy to paddle and easy to tow to our most remote locations.....

In fact, we are hosting a big photo tour in the Atchafalaya Basin in a few weeks....Since we own Natives ourselves, we have rented nothing but Natives for our attendees......

BTW if your interested in the kind of things we do, here is the website for our upcoming workshop.....https://spark.adobe.com/page/I6kNS/

Attached Files

• NOG Admin likes this

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

Location looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the event and hope you have a good turnout.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

Looks like a neat place and neat adventure. My favorite photograpy boat is the FX15. It hauls a ton of gear and is very stable. I've found that the Slayer14.5 feels a good bit more unstable while looking through the lens. I've shot out in the water wading but never thought to sit in the boat and put the camera and tripod over the side.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#4 Wildlife photographer

Wildlife photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

We have had great signups....12 guests from around the country....next year should bring in folks from across the pond.....great place-great kayak

#5 Wildlife photographer

Wildlife photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Looks like a neat place and neat adventure. My favorite pho boat is the FX15. It hauls a ton of gear and is very stable. I've found that the Slayer14.5 feels a good bit more unstable while looking through the lens. I've shot out in the water wading but never thought to sit in the boat and put the camera and tripod over the side.

The FX !5 is super...many a person has been in first as a passenger....later once they are confident that their gear won't get soaked, they are get their own.....and for long hours, the seats can't be beat....

#6 97redz3

97redz3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

I'm new to kayaking and Native but a I'm a landscape photographer with a new Ultimate FX12. Looking at the pic in this thread of someone standing in chest-high water with a tripod. Are you just using the boat as a floating equipment dolly while wading? If you jump in and out of the boat, I'd be interested in how you manage that from the water. Thanks!

#7 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:54 AM

If I'm hopping in and out of the boat, I make sure the gear is in the Pelican case or a dry bag. Getting in and out isn't a huge ordeal...make sure the water is about mid calf deep and just sit side saddle in the seat and spin around...I almost always use this method for getting in anyways. It is much easier on the knees and back. Getting out is just as easy...spin to the side of the boat with your legs in the water, and then stand up. In the FX, it is easier if the seat is in the high position.

I like the idea of using a power boat as a mother ship to get you to the tighter waters.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users