Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Hydrowave

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lefty

lefty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

Good day, just wondering if anyone has installed the Hydro-wave unit on their kayak, and how it is going for them and if so how you have installed it?

information on this unit has been scarce in South Australia.

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

It is early on but I've worked 30 years for the DENR in fisheries...and I can tell you the noise that unit makes is the same noise an underwater camera makes trying to focus on something. I think they stuck a camera into a tank full of bait, recorded it, and noticed a noise. But they didn't have enough sense to figure out the noise was the camera trying to focus on all the moving bait...or had enough sense to figure out they could market the noise and make a ton of money off of fishermen. 

All the pros have them because they are given the things and are paid to promote them. I will say that noise does attract fish sometimes...or it can repel them sometimes...so maybe save yourself some $$ and stick a waterproof radio down there and that will probably do the same thing. I'll use my $$ for gas to get to and from the lake.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 lefty

lefty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:22 PM

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users