Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Question for Tegris owners

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrjosh

mrjosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:59 AM

I was curious if anyone here has any experience drilling holes, or cutting openings in the Tegris kayak?

Only reason I ask, is I'm not even a kayak owner, but rather I want to make a certain type of product out of Tegris itself...and I wanted to hear first account of anyone who's had to drill holes in it...for example does it cut easy?

Did it get too hot and melt the Tegris around the hole?

Any problems that arised from it?

Thanks so much,

Josh

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:04 PM

The material as it was formed for the kayak drills nicely with almost no fraying of the hole edge or backside of the hole. Cutting ideally should be done at slow speeds with a fine hand saw blade or a jig saw at low speed and fine cut settings. Tools like a dremmel rotate too fast and will overheat the material similar to the effect on poly materials and they lack low end torque to cut at slow enough speeds.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 jediangler

jediangler

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

I only ever drilled two little holes to mount a clam style paddle holder. Had no problems.
Fish with the Force Tegris 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users