Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Another Broken Rudder Cable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

Well I've been using my FX propel just over 3 months and today the rudder cable broke. I replaced it with a 1/16" cable which is slightly larger than the original. I have no confidence that this one will last any longer due to the way native designed the control wheel. I really hope Native comes up with a fix for this issue as I've been hearing a lot of complaints with the Slayers and now the FX's.
Native is starting to get a lot of unhappy customers over this.

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Turn the control pulley 180 degrees so it is facing the back, then run the cables around the pulley so they have more contact area. This was suggested in another thread and seems to work nicely.

• Mikem likes this
Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

Turn the control pulley 180 degrees so it is facing the back, then run the cables around the pulley so they have more contact area. This was suggested in another thread and seems to work nicely.

I will give this a try if it's breaks again. I saw that same post after I replaced my cable.

#4 l8r g8r

l8r g8r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:39 AM

Over a year later and the cables still look like new.
​Posted mounting update for Boone  Dox rudder owner too.
slayer propel rudder cable.png

• Skully and Moxymo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users