Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Warranty Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bleem327

bleem327

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

I have an '09 Magic that has cracked. Right middle supper. I called the local dealer and spoke to the kayak/boating manager and explained what was wrong. He said he would have to email Native and get some guidance about the warranty for a boat as old as mine. I thought it was lifetime warrantied, but okay. I called back a week later he said he was still waiting to hear from Native. It's been two months now of me calling leaving messages or getting the run around. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Native directly? I was thinking about calling another dealer, but the next closest is a three hour car ride away. I know this forum consists only of Native Kayak enthusiasts and is not company sponsored whatsoever. I'm just hoping for some insight for my current situation.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:47 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Native does offer a limited lifetime warranty to the hull and certain components to the original owner. The factory was recently closed for a week but shouldn't be cause for that long a delay.

Native would certainly want to hear of problems with its dealers so if you would please send the following info to info@shopgetoutdoors.com, which is the Native dealer that operates this forum.

Name, phone #, dealer purchased from, date, hull serial number, located on the stern, and photos of the damaged area.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 nativejoe1977

nativejoe1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Having similar problem with Appomattox River Company. They refuse to return my emails. I guess purchasing online was a bad idea.

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Nativejoe, have you tried calling them? By chance maybe your emails aren't getting through?

#5 nativejoe1977

nativejoe1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

I have not had the ability to reach them by phone during normal business hours. They did respond to my original email about the issue. I sent them the photos and serial numbers as requested. Since then they have stopped responding. kind of at a loss. The boat is only like 2 months old and the area where the back of seat rests is collapsing.

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Gotcha, if by chance you have a Slayer Propel 10 then there is a free fix kit available to remedy the collapse issue, depending on the severity of flex that has already occurred.

Was there response that they would contact Native? If so, how long ago? If not I would certainly ring their phone off the hook, so to speak.

#7 nativejoe1977

nativejoe1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, they said they would contact Native. This was 3 weeks ago. It is a propel 10 and it's not as severe as some i was reading about. I stopped using it in fear of it getting that bad. I think with some heat and the gear track i can make it work. Do i need to get the free fix from my dealer? 

https://goo.gl/photo...zHhGYKpmrwbUNs5

#8 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

By the looks of your photo I would think the fix kit will easily resolve the flex you have. Yes, your dealer should follow thru with Native who will then supply the kit.

#9 nativejoe1977

nativejoe1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:47 AM

Thank you
  • NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users