Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing shear pin on pre 2009 native propel

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rick1953

Rick1953

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

I have a pre 2009 14.5 native ultimate propel that the shear pin broke on. The dealer where I purchase the kayak from is out of business. I purchased replacement pins and propeller from second dealer who sent new propeller and installation information but this is not compatible with the orginal propeller cartridge shaft.  Unable to contact Native directly.  Thought about replacing with "easy cruz propeller kit" but I read that will not match either.  Any advice?? How can I get this resolved? Is there a way to contact Native directly?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:01 PM

Welcome to the forum. In case you're unaware the owners group forum is owned and operated by an independent Native dealer based in Greensboro, NC. Native uses its dealer base for all initial customer questions, service and warranty.

We may have some older spare shear pins in-stock but will have to confirm tomorrow.

Also, does your drive serial number start with 086? If not, your drive can be upgraded to the EZ-Cruz.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:07 PM

Forgot to ask, is you mount bolt/shear pin stuck in the prop spindle or were you able to get it out?

#4 Rick1953

Rick1953

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

My serial number is 10100257, yes the pin is stuck in there.  Thank you for your reply.

• NOG Admin likes this

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Thanks. Will double check with factory on your serial number and compatibility.

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Rick, your drive is compatible with the ez Cruz upgrade kit. If you don't already have one we offer NOG members a discount on Native accessories. Teh part also qualifies for free shipping. If you'd like a quote please call our store 800-450-6819

#7 Rick1953

Rick1953

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

Thank you for your quick response. I will give the store a call today.

#8 Rick1953

Rick1953

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

Hello,
I believe I purchased my 14.5 native Propel in spring of 2011. I'm approximately 350 miles away from my original paperwork but will be returning there Labor Day weekend.The collar on the propel unit that connects to the aluminum tube is cracked. The yak was the floor model in a store that has since gone out of business. Is this something that would still be under warranty? If so how do I go about getting it fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thank you,
Rick

#9 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sine your original dealer is out of business I think Get:Outdoors can assist with your question. When you get your paperwork please send the falling via email to info@shopgetoutdoors.com

Name, original dealer, kayak & propel serial number and a few photos of the cracked clamp. We can forward your info to Native and they'll let us know what options, if any, are available.

#10 Rick1953

Rick1953

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Thank you. I"ll let you know when I come back.
Rick
  • NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users