Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Titan Propel 13.5 Preview 8/2016

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

It's so new we're not really talking about it, other than to say as the name indicates, it brings ultra stability, a plethora of weight capacity for the tournament angler as well as plus sized lads. More to come.

Attached File  titanpropel.jpg   299.49KB   19 downloads Attached File  titan_propel_factory.jpg   108.17KB   7 downloads Attached File  image.jpeg   361.55KB   4 downloads

From Native:

The Titan is a “First with Reverse” Propel Pedal driven bass boat extraordinaire. Large and in charge, the Titan offers unsurpassed stability and ample room and flexibility to move around. Optimal for sight casting with plenty of leverage to reel in the catch, this is a fisherman’s fantasy fulfilled. This boat features easy-to-reach horizontal rod storage with rod tip protection. Elevated First Class Seating is designed for comfortable transitions between standing and sitting, and it can be moved out of the way for a walk-around deck. The boat also features two stern Power Pole mounts for dual anchoring to further increase stability. The Titan can be purchased with a custom motor mount that will accept trolling motors for a power-assisted ride. The image above displays some of the many features found on the new Titan.

The Titan will be available at a dealer near you March/April 2017. The colors offered will be Hidden Oak, Lizard Lick and Copperhead.
Current specs are… Length: 13′6″, Width 41.5″, Weight: TBD, Capacity: 550 LBS.
Retail Price is currently slated at $3,249 USD with the super quiet Propel Pedal Drive System,
$3,339 USD with Transom-Style Motor Mount Included or $2,489 USD without the Propel Pedal Drive.
Attached File  nw_titan_propel.jpg   263.09KB   1 downloads
Specifications:

Length: 13.5'
Weight: 154 lbs
Width" 41.5"
Capacity: 550 lbs
Retail: Estimated $3,249.

Available March 2017

Available at Get:Outdoors

Features:
• Four horizontal rod keepers
• Dual stern plates for Micro Power Pole mounts

Rapid Media Video

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#2 904_NATE

904_NATE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

This yak is big like the pro angler hobie.what is the weight?

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

The Titan shown is a prototype and not from a final mold so an official weight has not been released, although it will likely be in the low 100's with out drive and seat.

#4 Yakker74

Yakker74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:28 AM

This yak is big like the pro angler hobie.what is the weight?

The prototype weighs 125 lbs, so 5 more than a PA14. They are looking to lose a little bit on the production model, though.

#5 Banjo46

Banjo46

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

GIVE US MORE!!!

• Short Attention Span likes this

#6 Yakker74

Yakker74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

https://www.facebook...54999921220630/

#7 kayl

kayl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Looks incredible, but I think the Slayer Propel LT is the real gem of the show. Unless you're only trailering or have your boat on a dock, the Titan's weight is a real downside!

#8 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

The weight is going to be up there, but will still be very competitive with the Hobie PA. We have been asking for a couple of years for a big wide boat with rod storage that will compete with the PA...I think this boat will fit the bill. I do agree that the Slayer Propel LT is the gem however.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#9 The Riddler

The Riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

We, the salt water anglers put kayak fishing on the map years ago and how are we rewarded? Wide kayaks with high seats....not suitable for this salty warrior. Have fun pulling these down a sandy beach and launch in the surf. Not happening. In fact, I think it's worth it to buy the drives and start consulting local kayak manufacturers To have something made that is suitable for salt water open water kayak fishing. The choices of a drive in a lighter sleeker platform is not there.

#10 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

Native actually polled many fishermen from all realms of fishing and the one area that came up over and over again where there wasn't a specific boat for a specific style of fishing was a bass boat kayak. The Titan will fit this niche very well since most bass fishermen already trailer their bass boats to and from their lakes.  There were still a bunch of fishermen that specifically asked for an off-shore Propel so we will see what they come up with next. Do note that while most of the other kayak companies (with the exception of Hobie) are just now coming out with their first pedal kayak, Native is working on something like their 9th model with several already discontinued. With the introduction of a thermoformed Propel made out of much lighter materials...a BTB/offshore kayak that is made of the much lighter thermoformed plastic could be their next move...but I guess we will have to wait and see what ICAST and OR bring us next year.

I don't see why they don't update the Magic 14.5 with a Propel drive...that was a fast hull that was very seaworthy, still very stable, quiet, and could haul a good load or a big guy or even both with no issues.

#11 Tallgrass05

Tallgrass05

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

We, the salt water anglers put kayak fishing on the map years ago and how are we rewarded? Wide kayaks with high seats....not suitable for this salty warrior. Have fun pulling these down a sandy beach and launch in the surf. Not happening. In fact, I think it's worth it to buy the drives and start consulting local kayak manufacturers To have something made that is suitable for salt water open water kayak fishing. The choices of a drive in a lighter sleeker platform is not there.

Check out the new Santa Cruz Raptor G2. It has a Hobie Mirage drive but is also designed to paddle well.

#12 oarfish

oarfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:21 PM

I assume the Capt's quarter's are foward. She's a biggun'.

#13 l8r g8r

l8r g8r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

Any information on the type of rudder it will come equiped with? Hopefully NOT the one the Slayer Propels are sold with otherwise you won't be able to turn it until you reach Cuba.

• Skully likes this

#14 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Any information on the type of rudder it will come equipped with? Hopefully NOT the one the Slayer Propels are sold with otherwise you won't be able to turn it until you reach Cuba.

I saw a short video of the prototype. It does use the same rudder system but they have done some homework on designing the rear end of the boat so it is more responsive in a turn. The boat turns very well for one that size and width...in the video the boat turned 180 in what looked to be about the boat's length or a little more. Native says it has about the same turning radius as the SP10.

#15 Short Attention Span

Short Attention Span

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAdelaide South Australia

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:58 AM

Native says it has about the same turning radius as the SP10.

Thats still a pretty big circle in my experience!

I like the idea of this hull. It closes the gap on the competition. However, in my mind, the ULTIMATE kayak is a PA hull with all the available accessories & storage for rods etc, with the propel as its propulsion system.

#16 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

I think they are looking at the growing trend in the micro-skiff market. The skiff makers are growing in number and this boat will have the ability to add not just a trolling motor, but also a small outboard on the back. It has the internal rod storage that gets the rods off of the top of the gunnels and away from your hands while paddling. I tried out one of the Jackson boats last week and noticed I was constantly knocking my rods and reels that were resting in the rod holders along the gunnels with the paddle. Changed my mind about that feature really quick.

#17 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

Rapid media walk thru video added to original post.

#18 grantrichardo7

grantrichardo7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

does the new titan have self bailing system for btb fishing?

#19 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

Yes, it is self bailing.

#20 dbaker702

dbaker702

• Members
  • Pip