Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Right Handed Rudder Control

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Blake

Chris Blake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationShreveport La

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

Has anyone switched the controls from the left side to the right on a FX13? My first Native boat should be in next week, and I'm definitely used to right hand controls. Is this even possible without defacing the boat?
  • onaacayr likes this

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Haven't seen anyone do it on the FX yet, only the Slayer Propel. The molding for the stern rudder disc is a mirror image on the other side of the stern from where the factory installs the cabling. You'd only have to drill a handle control mount hole on the right, rerun the cable sleeves and cables and likely readjust the cable disc clamp below the rudder handle. You might be able to get a replacement foam cushion to go over the vacant hole on the left.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Chris Blake

Chris Blake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationShreveport La

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

I'll definitely be looking into it. What is this "foam cushion" that may cover hole? Also isn't there a rod holder that can move into the hole?

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

The cushion would be a full piece of foam like on the right side, minus the hole. I'm not 100% sure if the factory is getting the cushions with rudder handle mount holes cut in them or doing it themselves. Good question on the rod holder for an FX. It is possible on the SP's but they have a little more room for a flush tube than the space on the FX. Would have to look into that possibility more.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#5 Guest_Chris blake_*

Guest_Chris blake_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:07 AM

Just got my Ultimate Propel, having the rudder control on the right is priority. Were you able to find the cushions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users