Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Seat height comparison to the FX12

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mang

Mang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

Finally got to demo the FX13 propel and notice the seat is alot higher then my slayer12.  However they did not have the FX12 there.  Is the seat on the FX12 as high as the FX13 in the high position?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

The seat height of th FX 12/15 in the high position is slightly lower, about 1", than the set seat position height of the FX propel.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

Note that the seat height on the FX Propel was designed at that height to make pedaling the boat easier and more comfortable. The factory takes into consideration the best angles and height to pedal the boat in a slight recumbent position. 

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#4 roverrich

roverrich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hi Guys / Gals, new to the forum here. I just took out my FX Propel on it's maiden voyage this weekend, while the bass did not cooperate, the trip was fun none the less. I have fished out of a FX non propel before and noticed a significant difference in the perceived stability of the FX Propel vs the non Propel FX. Additionally, I'm not sure if it is my perception, but the hull design seems different such that standing in the FX Propel feels less stable. Now given the prior FX I fished out of was a tandem fx rigged as a solo, I would think that the left to right stability would not be significantly affected by length, but rather by hull design. Does anyone the answer to this?

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.

The FX 13 should feel a little less stable due to it being nearly 2 feet shorter. There may also be a slight less stability factor due to the ruddered stern of the FX 13. The only other difference between the two is the FX 13 is about an inch and a half wider but beam and dead rise contours are the same, minus the drive well.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#6 roverrich

roverrich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Welcome to the forum.

The FX 13 should feel a little less stable due to it being nearly 2 feet shorter. There may also be a slight less stability factor due to the ruddered stern of the FX 13. The only other difference between the two is the FX 13 is about an inch and a half wider but beam and dead rise contours are the same, minus the drive well.

Thanks for the in depth answer. I may need to put some pontoons on to safely cast my fly rod.. more to come!

#7 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

I have the FX and FX propel and the propel is definitely more stable to stand in. I stand and fish from both with no problem.
  • Mikem likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users