Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Motorized Propel Units

Slayer Propel motorized propel unit powered propel unit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anton

Anton

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

I have just seen excerpts from the latest ICAST show and there seems to be a plethora of motorized propel units coming on the market from different vendors.

Is this something that Native MAY be considering, if not, WHY not ??? ;)

Anton

Slayer Propel 13 - cammo

Please visit my YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube....6MPsArt1wMSzOHQ

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

I believe something like three manufacturers have exhibited electric drives, either a combination pedal/electric drive or a stand alone electric option. Average cost for electric is around $1,900 US, without a kayak. Native was one if not the first to experiment with electric drives, partnering with motor guide, for a dedicated unit. Not enough were purchased to warrant their continuance, however, with the upcoming native motor mount for propel hulls, allows a user to add a motor of their own choosing, moto guide, minn kota or the ultra expensive torqueedo.
  • Chris Blake likes this

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slayer Propel, motorized propel unit, powered propel unit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users