Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Moving the seat in a 14.5 solo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ogie

ogie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:30 AM

Hey all,

Looking to move up to a 14.5 solo from a 12 and I had a question about moving the seat. I noticed in the tandem that it is much father back (right where the seat is in the utlimate 12) then in the solo. I'm assuming this is to keep your weight more centered in the boat but I was curious if anyone had moved the seat back and the results they had. I'm looking at doing this mostly because in my Ultimate 12 I have a pair of Scotty Rocket launchers on the molding behind the seat (the triangles) and I think they may be to far back to be of much use on the 14.5. It's not a huge issue for me but it was nice having them back there to troll with and made taking longer rods out on rivers much more convenient. 

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:47 AM

If you bought a solo it would not have the seat mount clips and foot rest rails installed for a stern mounted seat like the tandem would. If you offset the bow with 40-50 lbs the trim would likely be fine depending on your weight. 

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 kmuddzy

kmuddzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

If you bought a solo it would not have the seat mount clips and foot rest rails installed for a stern mounted seat like the tandem would. If you offset the bow with 40-50 lbs the trim would likely be fine depending on your weight. 

Hi.  Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I figured this is better to keep it in 1 thread rather than start a similar separate thread.  I'm looking at buying a '12 Tandem 14.5 and I'm trying to learn all I can before I pay for one.  The one I'm looking at only has 1 stock seat and the seller added a 2nd non-stock, no-brand, jerry-rigged seat.  In the pics he sent me the stock seat is in the front and the non-stock seat is in the back. I'm glad I read your reply - Am I correct that a 14.5 solo was setup only for solo and can NOT accommodate a 2nd seat like a 14.5 tandem can?  

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hello, 

Correct, a solo 14.5 only has hardware (seat pan brackets, straps and foot rests) for the solo position and not tandem. If the one you're looking at only has bolt heads at the center and forward for the foot rests, roughly half-way up the side, its a solo only setup. If there are bolts in center as well as two the locations out from center then it was originally setup as a tandem. 

• kmuddzy likes this

#5 kmuddzy

kmuddzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Thank you very much!  Do you know of a picture showing what you are talking about?  I've never seen a U14.5 in person and it would be great if I could see a pic of a 2012 solo and/or tandem to see what I should be looking for.  I've done a google search but I can't easily tell what boat I'm looking at.  

• NOG Admin likes this

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Sure.

In the photo you should be able to see the bolt pattern along the side. On the 2012 you may not see the single bolt head located by the "N" of the Native graphic. It's used for attaching a gunnel support bracket and has nothing to do with seat hardware.

Attached File  ult_solo_tandem.jpg   97.27KB   2 downloads

• kmuddzy likes this

#7 kmuddzy

kmuddzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Excellent!  that makes it easy - thx!

#8 andy8

andy8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

im assuming you can make a solo a tandem by adding new seat brackets and foot rests

#9 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

Ultimately you could but you would have to remove the solo seat brackets because they would be in the way of where the stern seat foot rest tracks would be. Holes would have to be sealed by bolt/nut or plastic welded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users