Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

ultimate fx propel problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fishtraphunt

Fishtraphunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

I was hoping someone here could offer advice or assistance before I try contacting Native.  This is my 3rd ultimate first with propel. Still have the other 2.  

I purchased  the brand new ultimate fx propel a few months ago from a local dealer.  Unfortunately, I have tried to get the basic lube kit, some miscellaneous native branded parts, and tools for the kayak and drive.  The dealer hasn't been helpful.  Therefore I due what I typically due and order from Shop Get Outdoors.  

My issue.  When trying to remove the lower cartridge to grease I cannot get it budge using the appropriate Native recommended spanner wrench and pin.    Any ideas on how to get this removed before I mess up the area where the pins go?    I have made a homemade vice to keep the drive stable and protected and still have no success.

This lead me to try to see if the upper transmission caps are as tight as the lower cartridge.  The left cap is easily removed as shown in the videos.  The right cap is just as tight as the lower cartridge and I can not get it to budge.  Any ideas?  I would like to get this fixed without going to the extent of break bars, pipe wrenches, etc that others have in this forum. 

Where the hell are the torque specifications?  Please help.

Thanks

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

Hello fishtraphunt,

Sorry to hear your experience with your dealer has been less than optimal.

Occasionally some lower cassettes and caps can be difficult to remove, requiring force which seems excessive. Some have used a pipe over the spanner wrench handle for added leverage. We've seen a few people that have slightly deformed the pin slots. I don't know that it's always been the case but on a few Native has replaced parts.

Unfortunately there isn't a specified torque for the cassette or caps. The only thing that is mentioned about tightening is to a visual inspection of the lack of gap between the caps and housing.

If you're uncomfortable giving anymore torque, the next step would be to contact your dealer again about having it sent to Native.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Fishtraphunt

Fishtraphunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Anyway to deal with Native directly?    Or an alternative dealer?

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

You're welcome. Native dealers should be used as the first point of contact for issues or warranties. I believe Get Outdoors is still the only dealer to have gone thru Natives propel certification service program. If you'd like for us to help or service your drive please call the shop. M-Sat. 10am-6pm 800 450 6819. We would need the serial number from your drive to pass on to Native.

-thanks

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users