Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

How is everyone hauling their FX Propel?

FX Propel Kayak trailer.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sabine Andy

Sabine Andy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:50 PM

I recently got my FX Propel. I haul it on a trailer which I made from an old boat trailer. I used bunk birds like on a boat to haul my previous Jackson kayak. I am having trouble getting the FX staring centered on the bolsters due to the shape of the bottom of the hull.
Any suggestions and or pics of how others are hauling their FX Propel would be great.
Thanks

#2 TacoBo

TacoBo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

I have a Tacoma with the 5' bed. I haul mine with a receiver mounted bed extender. The bottom is relatively flat and it rides well strapped to the cross bar on the extender with another line strapping it to the bed hooks for extra measure. I'll post a pic next time I toss it in there on my way to the lake.
  • Pelican likes this

#3 kayakdude

kayakdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

I am using a Malone trailer to catty mine.  I load it directly onto the cross bars in the upright position.  I will post pictures when I load it this weekend.

#4 Bassbrew

Bassbrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:28 PM

Does this kayak need to be transported upside down, due to it being open cockpit with no scuppers?
My current yaks are sups and do just fine on the Malone sea wing roof racks.
I'm trying to avoid a trailer, that kinda removes the benefits of a kayak.

#5 Chris Blake

Chris Blake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationShreveport La

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

I would car-top upside down. It will help with wind drag and if it rains.....

#6 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

I keep a hand pump with me and just pump the water out that gets in when it rains, so far it's not been a issue.

Attached Files

#7 Guest_Bassbrew_*

Guest_Bassbrew_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:20 PM

After much careful deliberation, it looks like I'll be hauling our two FXs on a Malone trailer as well. Getting a little too close to the weight limit of the roof. I guess my shoulders will be thanking me in the long run.

#8 Guest_markt_*

Guest_markt_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

I bought one of those ladder racks that bolt to the truck bed. Gonna haul it upside down, tie to the front bumper and rear bumper. Think this will be ok? Mine is 14.5 ft so hauling it in the bed won't work and I don't have a receiver hitch so I can't use a bed extender.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FX Propel, Kayak trailer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users